Welcome to the Twin Cities
Metro Transit provides easy access and inexpensive fares – we're one of the nation's largest transit systems. Whether it is to your hotel, downtown, the airport, Mall of America, or other entertainment or shopping destination, allow Metro Transit to show you what the Twin Cities has to offer.
Riding buses and trains is a convenient and inexpensive way to get around. Regular fares range from $2 to $3.25, depending on time of day.
If you're already downtown and need to hop a ride a few blocks, the fare is 50¢ in the Downtown Zone. In downtown Minneapolis, look for buses marked “Free Ride” and pay no fare when boarding along Nicollet Mall or at the Minneapolis Convention Center.
It's easy to get on board.
We keep it simple. For the easiest trip:
- Plan your trip.
Use an online Trip Planner, use a map, or call 612-373-3333 to have a friendly transit expert find your best option.
- Buy your fare.
There are several options to pay your fare.
- You can download our app and pay your fare right from your phone.
- For groups, you can purchase the Visitor Pass in advance. Large-group discounts are available.
- At every METRO station, you can buy disposable tickets with a credit card or cash. We recommend an All-Day Pass, which is valid from time of purchase through 2 a.m. the next day.
- You can pay cash on buses. Drivers do not provide change.
Board a bus or train and enjoy the greater Minneapolis and St. Paul area!
Learn more about how to take advantage of Metro Transit while in the Twin Cities with our How-To Ride guides.
Getting to/from the airport
With fast, frequent, and direct train service from both MSP airport terminals, we're the best way to get into town.
- Take the METRO Blue Line. Service from Terminal 1 and 2 to downtown takes only about 30 minutes.
To St. Paul
- Take a Route 54 bus. Service from Terminal 1 and 2 to downtown St. Paul takes only about 20 minutes.
Metro Transit offers fast, frequent service to the best of the Twin Cities, including these popular destinations:
Other resources for visitors
Metro Transit offers bus, light rail and Northstar commuter rail service within the greater Minneapolis and St. Paul area.
Whether you're looking to save money while visiting the Twin Cities or don't want to deal with traffic and parking, Metro Transit is here to help and provide resources to help you.
What if I have more questions?
For route and schedule information, use Metro Transit's online Trip Planner or call a friendly transit expert at 612-373-3333.