Listening and Learning through Crises:
Summer 2020 Community Engagement
Metro Transit is starting a six-week listening session to understand how our riders and the communities we serve have been affected by COVID-19, George Floyd’s homicide and aftermath resulting in the destruction of community resources.
Metro Transit staff will be going out into the community and listen to our regular riders and communities served by our core routes about how this year has changed their transit needs and priorities. We will also gather information that will inform near-term decisions and future public engagement efforts.
We’ll do this through surveys, virtual meetings with community organizations and conversations with our customer at bus stops and stations, food shelves, mask distribution events, TAP sign-ups, and others.
Here are ways that you can participate in this event:
- Take this survey
- Email outreach staff or submit a comment form with your thoughts and ideas on these questions:
- Changing transit needs and priorities: In the 2018 customer survey, Metro Transit found a few things to be the most important to our riders including: being on time, being fast and reliable, and being safe, clean, and comfortable. Do you have new or different transit priorities?
- Transit use: Did you use transit pre-pandemic and are you using transit now? How has your experience changed?
- Community engagement: What is the best way for you to communicate with us? And for us to communicate with you?
- Set up a virtual meeting with your organization by contacting one of the customer advocates or outreach staff below
- Post a comment to one of the questions posed on our Facebook page.
- Look for staff out in the community at one of these events or at a TAP sign-up event.
We're here to help
Taking transit is easy – we'll show you how! We can show members of your group how easy it is to ride buses and trains. Our customer advocates specialize in helping English language learners, youth, senior citizens and persons with disabilities or special needs. Their free presentations and onsite training can be customized to your group. Contact our customer advocates today.
We need to hear from you
As we continue to grow and improve our services, we want to make sure our customers and community have a voice in those decisions. Community outreach coordinators work to share information and gather feedback on upcoming transit projects, ensure prompt response to project questions and build partnerships with local organizations and groups in communities we serve.
We’ll attend your event
Planning a community or corporate event? Invite Metro Transit and we can provide how-to-ride information and updates on our latest projects, programs and initiatives. For consideration, please contact one of the Customer Advocates or Outreach Coordinators above that best bits your geographic area or project interest with the following information:
- Event name
- Date, time and location of the event
- Number of attendees
- Your contact info including phone and email
More important resources