The University of Minnesota is served by more than two dozen bus routes and the METRO Green Line so transit is an easy and stress-free way to get on (and off) campus!
Let’s work together to limit the spread of COVID-19. Learn what you can do at metrotransit.org/ready.
U of M students have access to one of the best deals in town: the U-Pass. With a U-Pass, you get unlimited rides on Metro Transit buses and METRO lines at any time, on any route. U-Pass is usually for $114 for a whole semester but for fall semester 2021, it's half off! That works out to about $3.50 per week!
Metropass (faculty and staff)
Metropass provides U of M staff and faculty a discount on the typical monthly transit pass. It's also valid on buses and light rail.
All U of M students and staff are able to ride the METRO Green Line between West Bank, East Bank and Stadium Village stations for free with the Campus Zone Pass. If you have a U-Pass or Metropass, you do not need a Campus Zone Pass.
Other ways to pay
- Rechargeable value loaded on a Go-To Card for quick and easy fare payment
- Metro Transit app to buy transit tickets on the go
- Cash or credit card at any rail ticket machine
- Cash (exact change only) on the bus
Routes serving the University of Minnesota
Route from the south
- Route 2 from south Mpls. via Franklin Ave.
- Route 7 from south Mpls. via Minnehaha
- Route 22 from south Mpls. via Cedar Ave.
- Route 111 from south Mpls. via Cedar Ave.
- Route 113 from south Mpls. via Lyndale and Grand Ave.
- Route 114 from south Mpls. via Hennepin Ave.
Routes from the east
- Route 3 from downtown St. Paul via Maryland Ave. and Como Ave.
- Route 61 from downtown St. Paul via Arcade Ave. and Larpenteur Ave.
Routes from the west
- Route 3 from downtown Minneapolis
- Route 61 from downtown Minneapolis via Hennepin Ave. and Larpenteur Ave.