Let Metro Transit be your ground transportation to MSP International
Metro Transit offers fast, frequent service between the airport, downtown Minneapolis, downtown St. Paul and Mall of America.
City bus and light-rail service is available at the transit station, located on the east side of the Blue and Red parking ramps. To reach the station, follow the Ground Transportation signs to the lower level, then take the tram.
To board light rail, take the escalator down one level from the tram level and purchase a rail ticket from the machine. Continue down another escalator to the rail platform.
To board buses, From the Ground Transportation area, follow signs for the Gold Ramp. Go up two levels to the waiting area. Bus stop is located across the pedestrian crossing from the building (look for the bus shelter).
For ADA customers
Save on airport parking costs!
Routes with daily service
Between the airport and Mall of America
Trains serve the Transit Station, located in the lower level on the mall’s east side.
From the airport to downtown Minneapolis
- METRO Blue Line Trains serve five downtown stations: U.S. Bank Stadium, Government Plaza, Nicollet Mall, Warehouse District/Hennepin Avenue and Target Field.
Trains leave every 10 minutes during rush hours, every 10-15 minutes at other times. Travel time to Target Field Station is 28 minutes. More about riding the train
From the airport to downtown St. Paul
- Route 54 Daily service, leaving roughly every 15 minutes; travel time is about 20 minutes.
From downtown Minneapolis to the airport
- METRO Blue Line Board any train to “Mall of America” at a downtown rail station.
Trains leave every 10 minutes during rush hours, every 10-15 minutes at other times. Travel time from downtown to the airport is less than 30 minutes. More about riding the train
From downtown St. Paul to the airport
- Route 54 Daily service, leaving roughly every 15 minutes; travel time is about 20 minutes. Catch the bus traveling west on 6th Street in downtown St. Paul.
Between airport terminals
- METRO Blue Line Trains operate 24 hours a day between Terminal 1 and Terminal 2 stations. No fare is required for trips between terminals. Board at the ground level.