What should Metro Transit’s network look like now?
Over the coming year we will develop a plan for the future that continues to invest in improving our service as more resources, such as additional drivers, are available. We want your input in shaping our plans for today and the next five years to best meet the needs of our region.
We want to hear from you!
Take this online survey by May 15. You will be asked questions about your transit values. This information will help shape our future decision-making framework.
We will also be hosting a series of community workshops, click here for more information.
As part of our Network Now project, we will:
• Review customer and community feedback from recent input and surveys
• Ask about our framework for making decisions, what our region needs and values, and work together to develop our network vision.
• Review the service changes that have been made since 2020 and how those changes will be addressed.
• Establish what our transit network should be today, given changes to travel patterns since 2020.
• Confirm any facilities changes needed in our transit network.
• Prioritize services to be added as resources allow.
In 2020 our Network Next efforts were modified to focus on future bus rapid transit lines. Through 2021, we reacted to the effect of remote work, social challenges, and workforce challenges. We listened and learned from our customers, and that feedback has shaped how we have made decisions over the past few years.
Now that we are more aware of the longer-term effects of the pandemic response, we can reposition our planning efforts to address how we manage ongoing operator shortages, ridership changes, and other challenges in our community, along with building the transit system of tomorrow.
Subscribe to Network Now updates to get project news delivered to your inbox, or contact Metro Transit staff below to learn more.
View the project fact sheet