News and Updates
For media inquiries contact: Laura Baenen, Senior Communications Specialist, Laura.Baenen@metrotransit.org or 612-269-4365.
Purple Line Project Update (E-Newsletter)
Subscribe to the Purple Line Project Update for news delivered directly to your inbox.
Contact Colin Owens at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-602-1987 to be mailed a physical copy of the Purple Line e-newsletter.
Media and news coverage
- Purple Line bus rapid transit could stop at Century College, Star Tribune, June 2022
- Purple Line drops downtown White Bear Lake, considers Century College, Pioneer Press, June 2022
- Metro Transit retools potential Purple Line routes after White Bear Lake vote, Pioneer Press, May 2022
- Purple Line bus route may get a do-over, White Bear Press, May 2022
- With White Bear Lake opposed to Purple Line, transit officials are looking at other routes, Star Tribune, May 2022
- Changes to Purple Line route under consideration, White Bear Press, May 2022
- Purple Line Route Modifications Under Consideration, Metro Transit Rider's Almanac Blog, April 2022
- Met Council forming Purple Line advisory committee, White Bear Press, March 2022
- White Bear Lake attempts to block 'Purple Line' bus transit plans, Star Tribune, March 2022
- Attempt to pause Purple Line fails, White Bear Press, December 2021
- Business coalition seeks support for $475 million Purple Line bus route, Pioneer Press, November 2021
- Purple Line will strengthen our community, region, White Bear Press, November 2021
- Purple Line BRT clears key step to secure federal funding, Star Tribune, October 2021
- Federal agency gives environmental approval to Purple Line route from St. Paul to White Bear Lake, Pioneer Press, October 2021
- Ramsey County commits nearly $40 million for next step in proposed bus rapid transit line from St. Paul to White Bear Lake, Pioneer Press, October 2021