The Transit Assistance Program (TAP) is designed to help make public transit more affordable for low-income residents.
To sign up, you must:
- Present one of the following accepted certificates listed below.
- Show a photo ID card or utility statement with your name and address on it.
- Add money to your TAP card.
- Once the TAP card is used, you will have access to the $1.00 fare for a full year.
(The discounted price is not valid on Metro Mobility or Transit Link buses and only a partial discount is applied on Northstar fares)
Check back for a growing list of approved certificates.
To enroll, you must bring your valid certification ID’s to the following locations (open to the public):
If you are supported by one of these organization you can contact them directly about enrolling for TAP:
NOTE: These locations are not open to the public.
Q. What about other members of my family? Do they qualify?
- Only family members listed on an approved document will qualify.
- Children 5 years old and under ride for free. No ID is required.
- Other family members may qualify if documented as a qualified household member by certain organizations.
- Non-low income certified persons 6-12 years old and 65 and older qualify for a Reduced Fare card that are valid for 10 years or until a youth’s 13th birthday. You can order those when you stop by our Service Centers or mail in a photo copy of an ID card.
- Person with disabilities may apply for a Limited Mobility card that is valid for 10 years. Call for an enrollment packet or get one here.
Q. How do I recertify after my one year is up?
Your TAP pass will end after 365 days. If you still meet the income requirements you can re-enroll thru a partnered organization or by visiting an open enrollment site with an updated certification and proper ID.
Q. How do I know when my discount will end?
Each time you use the reader to pay your fare, the TAP discount expiration date will be displayed.
Details for organizations on how to become a TAP partner.