Metro Transit is hosting free guided public art tours on the third Saturday of June, July, August and September 2019.
For each date, a tour will be offered on either the Blue Line or Green Line (see list of dates below).
The tours are roundtrip and last approximately two hours.
Learn more about Metro Transit's collection of public art!
June 15 (Blue Line), July 20 (Green Line), Aug. 17 (Blue Line), Sept. 21 (Green Line)
Start time & location:
Blue Line tours: Meet at 10 a.m. at the 28th Avenue Station platform
Green Line tours: Meet at 10 a.m. at the Union Depot Station platform
In order to attend a tour, you must RSVP YES to the Facebook event to secure your spot.
RSVP to the June 15 Blue Line Public Art Tour here
RSVP to the July 20 Green Line Public Art Tour here
RSVP to the Aug. 17 Blue Line Public Art Tour here
RSVP to the Sept. 21 Green Line Public Art Tour here
- The Green Line tour will start at Union Depot Station and finish at Victoria Street Station.
The Blue Line tour will start at 28th Avenue Station and finish at 38th Street Station (excluding the two stations at the airport: Terminal 1 – Lindbergh and Terminal 2 - Humphrey).
- Green Line tour participants are encouraged to walk, bike or take transit to the tour. Parking in downtown St. Paul can be difficult to find on weekends.
- Both the Green Line and Blue Line tours take ADA accessible routes. Participants will ride METRO trains to stations along the tour. At each station, they’ll have the opportunity to learn about the featured public art and to walk around the station until the next train arrives.
- Each tour is led by one of Metro Transit’s Public Art tour guides, Metro Transit staff dedicated to educating and spreading awareness about the art in our public collection.
- Tour guides will distribute All-Day Passes to tour participants, allowing participants unlimited rides on buses and light rail during and after the tour.
- Tour guides will use a megaphone and wear a safety vest to allow for easy identification. These items will be provided by Metro Transit.
- Public restrooms are not available at METRO stations. We encourage participants to use the restroom before the tour begins.
- Participants should dress for the weather and bring a water bottle and/or snack if they would like.