Get On Board Day is a new national awareness and advocacy day to generate awareness of, and increase support for, public transit. On Thursday, April 25, join Metro Transit in celebrating National Get On Board Day by leaving the car behind and riding public transit.
Sponsored by the American Public Transportation Association (APTA), the 2019 National Get On Board Day is a day that encourages people to support public transport and showcases the benefits it brings to communities.
Get on Board with Metro Transit
- Each weekday, Metro Transit provides more than 260,000 rides.
- During rush hour, Metro Transit buses remove the equivalent of 1½ lanes of traffic on I-35W.
- Twin Cites commuters who use an alternative to driving alone to get to work are significantly (52% to 41%) more satisfied with their work commute.
Get on Board with economic impact
- Home values perform 43% better when located next to transit.
- There is $8.4 billion in investments along existing or planned light-rail lines. These investments do not include Target Field, U.S. Bank, Allianz Field or TCF Bank Stadium.
- On average, every dollar spent on transit yields a four dollar return on investment in the local economy.
Get on Board for the future
Get involved – sign the petition
Get on Board and show your support
Show your support for public transit and Metro Transit on Thursday, April 25 by riding the bus, light rail or Northstar.
Take a picture and make sure to tag @MetroTransitMN and use the hashtag #GetOnBoard. We'll give away three $50 Go-To Cards!
Get on Board today!
Use our Trip Planner to find out how to get started riding right now. Or call 612-373-3333 to talk to a friendly transit expert.