Citizens Online Reporting
Welcome to the MetroTransit Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System If this is an Emergency please call 911.
Using the Online Citizen Reporting System you can report, submit and print for free the following incidents:
- Theft from Auto
- Lost Property
If your incident is not listed in the above Incident selection list, please call the Metro Transit Police Department
(emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 612-349-7200 choose option 1) to file your report.
Please confirm the following to find out if online citizen police report filing is right for you:
- This is not an Emergency?
- This incident occurred on a Metro Transit Bus, Light Rail, North Star Commuter Train on a platform, at a Transit Center or a Park and Ride?
- There is no information on possible suspects?
- There are no witnesses or evidence?
- I am age 18 or older?
- I have an email address?
- This is not a crime motivated bias based on the victim’s race, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, or characteristics identified as sexual orientation?
- I understand no investigation will be done regarding this incident?
If you answered yes to all of the above questions, you are ready to file your report online. Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
Make sure you have all the information you need to submit your online police report
Not sure? See below for examples of the information you’ll be asked to provide in your report.
The online police report will ask…
- When it happened (date and time)
- Where it happened (location/address)
- Transit facility or closest intersection
- Who is reporting (your identity)
- Name, contact information, State Driver’s License or ID number
- What was lost, stolen or damaged
- Vehicles: Make, Model, Color, License Plate Number, Insurance-company name & policy number, etc.
- (Do not use online to report a stolen vehicle. Unless the auto theft is in progress, first contact the local impound lot. If a crime is in progress, call 9-1-1.)
- Property other than vehicles: Serial Number, Product Name, Manufacturer, Description, Condition, etc
- For the details of the incident. There’s a section where you can describe in your own words, what happened
Upon completion of this report process
- You will see the words: "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- It will be reviewed and then you will:
- Receive a Permanent Case Number via email. This number is used within the police department to track your report.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- Your case will not be assigned to an investigator due to no solvability factors.
- If additional information is needed in your report you will be notified by an email.
- Filing a false police report is a crime. M.S.S. 609.505