Metro Transit Campus Construction
The Metro Transit Campus, in Minneapolis’ North Loop neighborhood, is home to several Metro Transit support facilities. These include the:
- Heywood Office - administrative and operational headquarters
- Heywood Garage - bus storage and maintenance, Customer Relations
- Metro Transit Office & Police Facility - Metro Transit Police Department headquarters, administrative offices, meeting rooms
- Transit Control Center - bus operations monitoring and support, police dispatch
- Operations Support Center - instruction, electronics repair
The 24-acre campus is continually evolving to meet the needs of Metro Transit's workforce and the community.
The Metro Transit Office & Police Facility is scheduled to be completed in mid-2019, providing a new home for the Metro Transit Police Department, along with administrative offices, employee common areas and meeting rooms.
Construction on an addition to the west end of the Heywood Garage is underway, along with improvements to the garage's maintenance area.
Future plans call for improvements to the Heywood Office and the construction of Metro Transit's sixth service garage, on vacant property immediately north of the Heywood Garage.
Due to limited parking, employee parking areas are reserved for on-duty staff with priority access. Visitor and accessible parking is available in parking lot near the main entrance to the Heywood Office, off Sixth Avenue North.