Bike racks are available on all Metro Transit buses, METRO Line trains and Northstar Line commuter trains.
Loading your bike on a Northstar train
> View video instructions
- Walk — do not ride — bicycles at stations, on platforms and on trains.
- Bicyclists are required to use elevators or ramps (where available) to access station platforms.
- Pay your fare on the platform.* After paying, walk your bicycle to the boarding area and wait well away — behind the yellow line or further — from the approaching train.
- As the train approaches, position yourself to board. Each train has two doors. Load your bicycle at the door marked with the bicycle symbol.
- Allow others to board and exit the train before lifting your bicycle through the entrance.
- You will see the storage area a few feet away. Instructions are printed above the foldable seat.
- As you approach your stop, prepare to remove your bicycle from the rack.
- Allow others to exit the train before you exit with your bicycle.
* To ensure safety, Metro Transit reserves the right to limit onboard storage of bicycles during special events or times when trains are crowded. If there is no room for you and your bicycle in one car, promptly – and safely – walk your bicycle to the next train car. Car-to-car transfer of bicycles is not permitted onboard the train.