Better Bus Routes – Route 63
Route 63 is an urban local bus route providing crosstown service in St. Paul. It operates east-west along Grand Avenue and 3rd Street East, serving key destinations like METRO Green Line stations, the University of St. Thomas and Macalester College, downtown St. Paul and the Sun Ray Transit Center. It will also make connections with the future METRO Gold Line at Sun Ray Transit Center and other locations.
Metro Transit is partnering with the City of St. Paul to improve service on Route 63.
- Consolidating bus stops for up to quarter-mile spacing (see map below for specific stop changes)
- Relocating select stops past a signalized intersection to reduce delays
- Expanding the no parking zone to ensure buses can correctly curb at the bus stop
- Installing concrete pads at 20 bus stops to improve accessibility for customers
- Installing six new shelters and replacing an additional six
These changes were made in September 2020.
We’re always happy to take project-related questions at email@example.com.