Route 10 is a local bus route operating between Northtown Mall Transit Center and the Minneapolis Convention Center in downtown Minneapolis, primarily along University and Central avenues, and Nicollet Mall.
Key destinations include:
- Downtown Minneapolis
- Northeast Minneapolis and Columbia Heights along Central Avenue
- Fridley and Coon Rapids along Central and University avenues
- Northtown Mall along University Avenue
- In downtown Minneapolis, Route 10 connects to several METRO lines:
- METRO Blue and Green lines at Nicollet Mall Station
- METRO C and D lines at 7th and 8th streets and Nicollet Mall Station.
Metro Transit is partnering with the City of Minneapolis to improve service on Route 10. Changes include:
- Bringing back transit signal priority, which means less waiting at red lights.
- Improved frequency in the afternoon to serve our customers’ growing demand.
- Minor adjustments to bus stop spacing to improve the speed of service.
- Completing the Central Avenue Bridge detour and reopening it for service in Oct. 2023.
- Bus stop spacing north of 37th Ave NE will be evaluated in 2024.
- Planning and engineering continues for the METRO F Line bus rapid transit project, targeted to begin construction in 2025.
Nasser Mussa, Community Outreach Coordinator