Minnesota Data Practices Act
1. You will be asked to provide certain information on this form for the purpose of providing you and like applicants with rideshare services.
2. Participation in the Metro Transit program is strictly voluntary, and you are not required by law to furnish any of the information requested on this form.
3. The following information requested on this form is classified as private data under the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act: (a) your residential address and telephone number; (b) your beginning and ending work hours; (c) your current mode of commuting to and from work; and (d) the type of rideshare service information you have requested. All other information you provide is considered public data and is accessible by any person for any reason.
4. You should know that any of the information you provide, whether classified as private or public, will be provided to certain other entities and individuals in order to supply you with the requested rideshare services. These entities and individuals include other agencies or governmental units, employers that are participating in the matching of information of rideshare applicants, and other matched rideshare applicants. In order to provide you with rideshare service(s), match lists containing your name, address, employer, telephone number(s) of your choice, working hours and rideshare preference may be sent to any of the above entities or individuals.
5. The only consequences of not furnishing all of the information on this form are: (1) The rideshare program will be denied data to be used in statistical evaluation, and (2) The rideshare program’s ability to supply you with the requested services may be restricted.
6. The information provided by you on this form will be used solely and exclusively for providing you and like applicants with rideshare service.