Metro Transit’s GTFS includes a few extensions to the GTFS standard. These elements are documented below. Please note this is intended to supplement documentation on GTFS itself.
||URL of a GTFS-realtime feed
||A binary value that indicates URL contains a GTFS-realtime TripUpdate feed. Valid options are:
- 0 - The dataset at this URL doesn't contain TripUpdate entities.
- 1 - The dataset at this URL may contain TripUpdate entities.
||A binary value that indicates URL contains a GTFS-realtime VehiclePositions feed. Valid options are:
- 0 - The dataset at this URL doesn't contain VehiclePosition entities.
- 1 - The dataset at this URL may contain VehiclePosition entities.
||A binary value that indicates URL contains a GTFS-realtime ServiceAlerts feed. Valid options are:
- 0 - The dataset at this URL doesn't contain Alert entities.
- 1 - The dataset at this URL may contain Alert entities.
||The authentication_type field defines the type of authentication required to access the URL. Valid options are:
- 0 - No authentication required
- 1 - The authentication requires an API key
Indicates the cardinal direction of travel for a trip.
NB = northbound
SB = southbound
EB = eastbound
WB = westbound
Indicates the trip’s branch or variant.
Metro Transit’s service includes many branches. Trips with the same route_id serve meaningfully different stops and destinations based on their branch_letter. When referring to a specific trip, the branch_letter should always be included along with the route_id.
Indicates how and when riders pay fares.
- 0 - onboard fare payment, pay on entry
- 1 - offboard fare payment, pay before boarding
- 2 - onboard fare payment, pay on exit
Internal system identification of the vehicle. Unique per vehicle.
- 40BRTLFBUS - 40', BRT-style, low-floor bus
- 40HFBUS - 40', high-floor bus
- 40LFBUS - 40', low-floor bus
- ARTICBRTLFBUS - Articulated (60'), BRT-style, low-floor bus
- ARTICEBRTLFBUS - Articulated (60'), fully electric, BRT-style, low-floor bus
- ARTICHFBUS - Articulated (60'), high-floor bus
- ARTICLFBUS - Articulated (60'), low-floor bus
- SUBHFBUS - Suburban high-floor coach buses
||Number of doors
||Indicates whether the vehicle has low-floor boarding
- 0 - vehicle floors are high, multiple steps required to board, slower wheelchair lift
- 1 - vehicle floors are low, smaller step required to board
||Indicates bike rack capacity on the vehicle
||Indicates wheelchair access type
- lift - vehicle has a lift for wheelchair accessible boarding
- ramp - vehicle has a ramp for wheelchair accessible boarding