Bus Technician Apprenticeship
Enroll as a Bus Technician Apprentice to start your new career!
The Metro Transit Bus Technician Apprenticeship will assist individuals with no prior experience or technical degree to become a Bus Technician at Metro Transit. Through classroom instruction, hands-on training, and job shadowing, apprentices will develop the knowledge and skills needed to start their new career and join the team of Technicians that keep our buses rolling!
Apprenticeship highlights include:
- No technical degree or experience required – we will train you!
- Earn a salary while you complete your apprenticeship
- Hands-on training at Metro Transit facilities using state-of-the-art tools and equipment
- Staff-led learning and mentoring
As a Bus Technician Apprentice you will:
- Become a union member with ATU 1005
- Learn to work on a variety of bus types including diesel, hybrid, and electric
- Learn from the most experienced bus mechanics in the industry
- Receive ongoing training and professional development
Program enrollment is not available at this time. For information on future enrollment availability, please email Technicians@metrotransit.org.