We are not currently accepting applications for bus drivers, but please continue to check back.
Join Metro Transit as a bus driver!
We're hiring drivers!
If you like working with people and want to make a difference in your community, come help us run our growing transit system!
$20.44/hour – 30 hours per week guaranteed
Is this job for me?
If you answer "YES" to all of the questions below, this job might be for YOU!
- Do you enjoy interacting with a large number of customers every day?
- Are you comfortable assisting passengers from all cultures and backgrounds?
- Are you able to report to work on time, every day, regardless of traffic or other conditions?
- Are you comfortable learning to operate a large vehicle in all types of weather and traffic conditions?
- Are you able to work Monday through Friday?
- Are you able to work 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the morning rush hour and 2 1/2 to 3 hours during afternoon rush hours?
- Are you flexible to accepting a bus driver job where your choice of work schedule, work location and vacation schedule are based on seniority?
- Competitive pay
- Medical and dental insurance
- State pension
- Career advancement
- Job security
- On-the-job training
Paid bus driver training
- 40 hours/week for 5 weeks
- Instruction includes classroom discussions, reading, videos, demonstrations and hands-on behind-the-wheel training
- Testing includes written exams and road tests
Commercial driver's license (CDL) not needed to apply
- Prior to receiving a job offer, it is the applicant's responsibility to obtain their Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP)
- Metro Transit will provide behind-the-wheel training and CDL road tests
- Applicants hired with a CLP must pass the CDL road test to continue in training
- Applicants who already have a CDL will still need to pass the Metro Transit CDL road test
- Great customer service skills
- Licensed driver for the past five years
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Learner’s Permit (CLP) prior to hire
- High school diploma, GED, adult diploma or foreign equivalent
- Three years of full-time equivalent work experience within the last seven years