Your mechanical skills are wanted at Metro Transit!
We are hiring Light Rail mechanics to service and maintain our light rail trains. As a Metro Transit Light Rail Mechanic, your work is an important part of our team that provides a safe and exceptional ridership experience.
Go Greener! Expand your Mechanic career with Metro Transit. Metro Transit is a growing organization with the addition of the METRO Green Line Extension and METRO Blue Line Extension, connecting communities to where they need to go.
Mechanics start at $27.28/hour with yearly pay increases.
- Full-time work
- Eligible for benefits
- New hires typically start on 3rd shift. Overnight shifts are eligible for differential pay.
- Uniform and tools allowances
- Public Pension plan and great benefits (see below)
- Qualifications include (refer to job posting for detailed information):
- Associate's degree or two-year technical certification/degree in Electro-Mechanical transportation equipment, transit related vehicles, maintenance and repair of light rail vehicles, buses, semi-trucks, aircraft and/or fleet maintenance vehicles.
High School Diploma/GED AND at least two (2) years of experience in Electro-Mechanical transportation equipment, transit related vehicles, maintenance and repair of light rail vehicles, buses, semi-trucks, aircraft or fleet maintenance vehicles.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable driver’s record
- Ability to obtain a Class A Commercial Driver’s Permit and License within the six-month probation period of hire.
- Competitive pay
- Medical and dental insurance
- State pension
- Job security
- On-the-job training
Learn more about our benefits package