We invite you to become involved with our department in order to continue forging a strong cooperative partnership that is built upon mutual trust and respect. No police department can solve crime or quality of life issues alone. Effective community-police relationships, communication and engagement are critical components to our success.
In an emergency
If you are having an emergency, call 9-1-1.
To report an incident that is not an emergency and that occurred on transit property, including bus, light rail, commuter rail, bus stop or transit center, please call 612-349-7200 and choose option 1.
Text for Safety
To report suspicious or unwanted behavior through text message, use the Text for Safety feature on Metro Transit’s app, or send a text message to 612-900-0411. You will be put in direct contact with trained Metro Transit staff who can send Transit Police if needed. You can access the Text for Safety service anytime, seven days a week. The Text for Safety service is free but standard messaging rates apply to text messages, as determined by your mobile plan.
How do I…
Request a copy of a police report
- Call Records Unit at 612-349-7200 and choose option 2
- Request in Person
- Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Property room hours: Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Closed holidays and weekends.
- Identification is not needed when making a request for public data.
- All requests are handled on a first come, first serve basis.
Reclaim or check on Property that is being held
- Call 612-349-7200 and choose option 3
All other inquiries
- Call 612-349-7200 and stay on the line
Help solve a crime. Use TipLine or call Transit Police.
Have you witnessed a crime being committed on a bus or train or near a transit facility? Your information is valuable and can help make riding transit even safer. Please leave a message at the TipLine at 612-349-7222. You can leave information anonymously or leave your name and phone number and an officer will call you back.
Tell us how we’re doing
Have a compliment or complaint about an officer? We want to hear from you.
For transit service related issues, please contact Customer Relations.
- West Command, 560 6th Avenue North, Minneapolis 55411
- East Command, 677 Transfer Road, St. Paul, 55114