Why you'll love this app
- No paper tickets to keep track of
- No need to carry cash, count exact change, or find a ticket machine
- Store tickets on your phone for future use
- Buy a single ticket for your trip or stock up and buy multiple tickets to use whenever you like
- Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders
- Use Apple Pay or Google Pay to buy tickets
- Great for special events
- Pay a single fare or multiple fares for a group of riders, and store multiple tickets on your phone for future use
- Find the right bus, light rail or Northstar train through the tools like the Trip Planner and Schedules & Maps
- See the next available bus, light rail or Northstar train for your desired trip with NexTrip
- See active Rider Alerts
- Check your Go-To Card balance and add value
- Contact Metro Transit staff with the Text for Safety tool
- Register and manage your Guaranteed Ride Home account
- Register and manage your Carpool account
- Simply create an account or use your metrotransit.org account* and enter your credit/debit card information in our secure system
- If you don't want to use a credit card, you can use a pre-paid debit card, a pre-paid gift card or use Apple Pay or Google Pay
About fares on the app:
Rush Hour Fare: Valid Monday through Friday 6-9 a.m. & 3-6:30 p.m. on local buses and METRO lines.
Non-Rush Hour Fare: Valid for non-rush hour times on local buses and METRO lines.
Express Rush Hour Fare: Valid on all Express bus service, including Monday through Friday 6-9 a.m. & 3-6:30 p.m. NOTE: Same rules apply to Mobility Express fare as well.
Northstar Fares: Purchase fare for the Northstar Line for roundtrip, one-way and station-to-station trips.
How it works
To buy a ticket:
1. SELECT RIDER TYPE: Adult, Senior/Youth/Medicare, Mobility, Family Pass
2. SELECT SERVICE TYPE: Local Bus/METRO, Northstar, Express Bus
3. SELECT: Station for Northstar or time-based fare for Local Bus/METRO
4. CART: Adjust the total number of tickets you'd like to buy or add more ticket types
5. CHECKOUT: Pay with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, pre-paid debit or pre-paid gift card, Google Pay, or Apple Pay
To use a ticket:
1. Open the app on your phone, and select "My Tickets” from the menu on the bottom of the screen.
2. Select any of the tickets listed. At the bottom of the screen you will see a green box with "Use This Ticket" and the number of tickets selected.
3. Tap on "Use This Ticket" and ticket will then activate, and you will see an animation. The expiration will display at the bottom of the ticket. Tapping "X" on your active ticket will return you to the “My Tickets” screen. Your active ticket will be shown at the top of the list, under “Activated Tickets.”
How to use multiple tickets
1. Purchase the correct number of tickets for your group.
2. Go to "My Tickets" and activate the tickets needed
3. Your ticket will display the total number of active tickets on your phone
4. If asked to verify fares, please show your driver or officer the activated tickets under "My Tickets"
• Activate your ticket(s) when you see your bus or train approaching. Your ticket(s) must be activated before boarding a vehicle.
• If you get a new phone, you can move your tickets from your old phone. Just install the Metro Transit app on the new phone and sign in with the same account you used on the old phone. You will see all your unused tickets under “My Tickets.” Note active tickets can only be on one phone at a time and we are unable to transfer or reimburse for active tickets at the time the phone was lost.
• Do not use the same account over multiple phones at the same time (i.e. your phone and a child's phone). The app is designed to work best for one account per user. Please ensure that everyone has their own account if you manage it for someone else.