METRO gives you more
When you see METRO, you can find fast, frequent, all-day service between stations with enhanced amenities. METRO gives you more speed, more trips, more features.
Some METRO lines use trains, others use buses. Whether it runs on a road or on tracks, customers can expect trips at least every 15 minutes during most of the day.
METRO lines serve stations with enhanced amenities, like heating, added lighting, NexTrip real-time information, pay-at-the-station boarding, and improved security features.
- The METRO Blue Line travels between Mall of America and Target Field.
- The METRO Green Line links downtown Minneapolis, the University of Minnesota, and downtown St. Paul.
Bus Rapid Transit (BRT)
Colored BRT lines operate on dedicated roadways and freeways with transit advantages:
- The METRO Orange Line travels mainly on I-35W between downtown Minneapolis and Burnsville.
- The METRO Red Line travels on Cedar Avenue between Apple Valley and Mall of America.
Lettered BRT lines operated in mixed traffic with signal priority.
- The METRO A Line travels mainly along Snelling Avenue and 46th Street, linking Rosedale with the METRO Blue Line’s 46th Street Station.
- The METRO C Line travels mainly along Penn Avenue, linking downtown Minneapolis with Brooklyn Center Transit Center.
The METRO network is growing.
METRO system map
Click map to view as PDF.