Community Service Officer Pathway Program
Metro Transit will assist individuals with no law enforcement experience or degree to become a Community Service Officer (CSO) with the Metro Transit Police Department (MTPD). Through the CSO Pathway Program, participants will have the opportunity to be hired as a CSO, earn 12 college credits at no cost, and be prepared for a career in law enforcement.
CSOs provide varied support services to the department by performing duties that do not require a licensed peace officer. This is a uniformed, non-sworn position that provides police visibility and customer relations to the public, with a focus on the transit riding community.
- No law enforcement experience or degree required
- Complete the CSO Preparation course
- Earn 12+ college credits
As a CSO you will:
- Serve and support communities that use Metro Transit services
- Work with MTPD police officers
- Earn $25.40/hour and be eligible for benefits
To enroll, fill out this form by Jan. 7
Eligibility for the CSO Pathway Program is considered on a case-by-case basis.
The program will begin in January 2024. For more information, email CSOpathways@metrotransit.org.
Revenue Equipment Technician Program
Enroll as a Revenue Equipment Technician to start your new career!
The Revenue Equipment Technician Program will assist individuals with no prior experience or technical degree to become a Revenue Equipment Technician at Metro Transit. Through hands-on training and job shadowing, program participants will develop the electronic skills and abilities needed to start their new career as part of the team of Technicians that keep our city moving!
Program highlights include:
- No technical degree or experience required – we will train you!
- Hands-on training at Metro Transit facilities using state-of-the-art tools and equipment
- Staff-led learning and mentoring
As a Revenue Equipment Technician you will:
- Service, maintain, and repair the full range of fare boxes and ticket machines used by Metro Transit customers
- Receive ongoing training and professional development
- Use your electronics training to solve a variety of revenue equipment issues
Program enrollment is not available at this time. For information on future enrollment availability, please email Technicians@metrotransit.org.