Ride for $1 per trip – including transfers – until April 10, 2017!
Update 11/23/16: Enrollment for Transit Assistance Program is now closed.
Qualified low-income residents of the Twin Cities: Ride more for less through the new Transit Assistance Program (TAP).
How the pilot program works
- Household member ages 13-64 – not including college students, seniors or persons with disabilities – are eligible to participate in the test program that will offer discounted transit rides, on any bus (express or non-express) or train at any times of day. For those not eligible, other programs may apply.
- Ride all regional buses and light rail for $1, transfers included.
- On Northstar, your card will deduct $1 for the first $3 of the fare. Additional surcharges will be deducted based on distance.
- You can add value online, at any Go-To Card outlet (including all Cub Food stores) or any rail ticket machine.
NOTE: Discount does not apply on Transit Link or Metro Mobility buses.
This pilot program will run for six months (one card per Certified ID).
Hurry – a limited number of cards are available! Participants receive a new TAP Go-To Card with $5 of ride value. That’s five rides for FREE, so don’t wait to sign up! Those who already have a registered Go-To Card can transfer their balance to a TAP card to take advantage of the discount.
You’ll need to agree to take a pre-pilot and post-pilot survey about your experience and register your Go-To Card against loss or theft (registration is free). To speed up your enrollment process, print out and complete the Go-To Card Registration and pre-pilot survey.
Once you have your card, you can add value online, Go-To Card outlets (including all Cub Foods stores), rail ticket machines or by enrolling in our Auto Refill program.
To enroll you must be a low-income resident of the Twin Cities between the ages of 13 and 64 and have your income verified through a non-profit or another government agency. Present ONE of the following along with a photo ID:
- Catholic Charities Card
- CLUES intake form
- Metro HRA Family Summary
- Project for Pride in Living Card
- St. Paul Public Housing Rent Statement
- Free Reduced Lunch program form
- State of Minnesota EBT Card (with name on card)
- VEAP Income Eligibility Form
Send us a question online or call Customer Relations at 612-373-3333.