1. ELIGIBILITY: The "2014 METRO Green Line Poster Contest” (the “Contest”) is open to all residents of the state of Minnesota 18 years of age or older. Employees of the Metropolitan Council, their affiliates, representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and their employees and family/household members are not eligible to win prizes. All works must contain the following: The term “METRO Green Line,” an image of a METRO Green Line train (illustration or photograph) and feature the theme of “connection." All applicable laws apply. Contest begins at 9 a.m. on March 20, 2014, and ends at 5 p.m. on April 11, 2014.
2. HOW TO ENTER: Final art must be 24" x 30" @ 300 dpi, CMYK (portrait or landscape orientation). Acceptable file formats include flattened .psd, .eps with outlined fonts, .pdf or flattened .tiff. For online submission, reduce the artwork to a digital .pdf or .jpg sized exactly 8" x 10" (10 mb limit) and send it to email@example.com by 5 p.m. on April 11, 2014. Include in the email your full name, phone number, mailing address and title of the work.LIMIT: ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER THE CONTEST.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Entries will be judged by representatives from Green Line Opening Day neighborhood planning committees, who will select five finalists based on originality and how well they represent the required criteria (The term “METRO Green Line,” an image of a METRO Green Line train and the theme of “connection”). Decision of the judges is final. Finalists’ images will be posted online and the public will vote for their favorite entry. The finalist receiving the most votes by 5 p.m. on May 9, 2014, will be named Grand Prize Winner. Remaining finalists will be named Runners-Up.
4. PRIZES: One Grand Prize Winner will receive a Go-To Card transit pass good for one year (maximum value: approx. $3,640) and will also receive $500 cash. Runners-Up will receive a Go-To Card transit pass good for three months (maximum value: approx. $910). All finalists (including the Grand Prize Winner and Runners-Up) will have their works displayed at the METRO Green Line Opening Day Ribbon Cutting Event at Union Depot on June 14, 2014, and receive a framed print of their work).
a. All prizes are nontransferable and nonrefundable, and substitutions or cash exchanges are not permitted, except that Metro Transit reserves the right to substitute (in its sole discretion) a prize of equal or greater value for any prize. All prizes must be used by the date or dates indicated on the prize or will be forfeited. Any other expenses not specified are the winner’s responsibility. Use of prizes is subject to availability and other applicable restrictions.
b. All prizes are awarded “as is” without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. All federal, state and local taxes associated with the receipt of any prizes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
c. Neither the Metropolitan Council nor its operating division Metro Transit, nor any of their partner organizations, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, representatives or agents shall be liable for any costs or direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of or in connection with the promotion, or for any claims, damages or injuries associated with acceptance or use of the prize and/or any related activities.
d. All winners accept any and all risks associated with the acceptance of any prize. If a winner elects not to accept such risks, then the winner may refuse the prize.
5. CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: The Grand Prize winning entry becomes the sole property of Metro Transit and will not be returned for any reason. By winning, it will constitute the grant to Metro Transit of an unconditional right to use the piece (including printing, distribution and sale of the piece), entrant’s name, voice, likeness, photograph, biographical and prize information and/or statements about the promotion for any publicity, advertising and promotional purposes without future compensation.
Metro Transit reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that it either finds to be i) acting in violation of these Rules; ii) to disparage any goods or services of Metro Transit or to erode the goodwill of Metro Transit; or iii) exhibiting content that Metro Transit finds inappropriate, immoral or otherwise objectionable. Metro Transit assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or illegible entries or for any computer, online or technical failures or malfunctions. Entries will be considered made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. Metro Transit reserves the right to extend or terminate the Contest at any time.
6. RELEASE: By entering the Contest, entrants release Metro Transit and its agents from any and all liability for any injuries, losses, illnesses, litigation or damages of any kind caused by the Contest, any prize, resulting from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize, or occurring while traveling to or from or participating in any prize-related activity. By submitting an entry form, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Metro Transit.
If you have questions about the contest, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 612-349-7104.