How does it work?
Complete a free online registration. Registered participants can request reimbursements up to four times per year or $100 in value, whichever comes first, for eligible trips with valid documentation.
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for Guaranteed Ride Home you must:
- - Ride the bus, METRO or Northstar, or carpool, vanpool, bicycle or walk to work or school at least three times per week.
- - Pre-register for the program.
- - Have an email address and internet access.
What type of trips are eligible?
- - Unexpected overtime that forces you to miss your bus, carpool or vanpool.
- - You become ill and need to leave work or school early.
- - An immediate family member becomes ill and needs to be picked up early from daycare, school or work.
- - Your carpool or vanpool driver unexpectedly needs to leave work early or stay late.
How do I get started?
Register using the link below. It’s easy and free. You’ll create an account with your commute information.
To use your ride home on a bus or train, a Go-To Card or pass is required. Use your Go-To Card or pass to pay for the ride. Within a week of the trip, log on to your account and fill out an online reimbursement request. We’ll credit your balance with the amount you paid.
To use your ride home for cab fare, call the licensed taxi provider of your choice. A Go-To Card is not required for taxi reimbursement. Pay for the ride and be sure to get a signed and dated receipt that has the taxi company's name and contact information printed on it. Within 10 days of your ride, fill out an online reimbursement request. Print the request form and submit it by mail along with your taxi receipt -- late submissions and submissions from unlicensed taxis will be declined. You receive your reimbursement check by mail within 21 days after we receive the request form.
> Register or log in to your account, then click Guaranteed Ride Home under Features and Tools
> Read our data privacy act