The A Line: Snelling Bus Rapid Transit (BRT)
A new kind of bus service is coming to Snelling Avenue & Ford Parkway!
In late 2015, Metro Transit will introduce the A Line. It's a new kind of bus service for the Twin Cities’ busiest urban streets. Bus rapid transit – or BRT – is a package of transit enhancements that adds up to a faster trip and an improved experience.
• Frequent service: Service so frequent you won’t need a schedule, along with fewer stops so you’ll be moving more of the time
• Train-like features: You’ll pay your fare before you get on for faster boarding and wait at enhanced stations
• Enhanced stations with more amenities: Real-time departure signs so you’ll always know when the bus is coming, enhanced maps and signage
• Enhanced security: Stations with cameras and emergency phones, fare enforcement by Transit Police and improved lighting
• Specialized vehicles: Unique, recognizable buses with wider aisles and additional doors so more people can get on and off easily
The A Line will connect the Twin Cities’ two light-rail lines with the busy Snelling Avenue commercial corridor and several popular destinations, including Hamline University, Macalester College, Highland Village, Rosedale Shopping Center, Minnehaha Park and Midway Shopping Center.
> Download a project fact sheet
The A Line is scheduled to open for service in late 2015.