Welcome to the Metro Transit Police Department Online Police Reporting System.
If this is an Emergency please call 9-1-1.
Before making an Online Police Report, call Metro Transit Lost & Found at 612-373-3333 to see if your property was turned in.
Using the Police Online Reporting System you can report, submit and print for free the following incidents:
- Theft from Auto - Property is stolen from a locked/unlocked vehicle owned by you. This includes parts or accessories attached to the exterior of interior of the vehicle.
- Lost Property - When property is lost or missing.
If your incident is not listed above, please call the Metro Transit Police Department (emergency 9-1-1. non-emergency, call 612-349-7200, choose option 1) to file your report.
Please answer the following series of YES or NO questions that will assist us in determining if the Police Online Reporting online form is suitable for the incident you wish to report.
If you answered all the above questions correctly, you are ready to file your online police report.
Make sure you have all the information you need to submit your online police report.
Not sure? See below for examples of the information you’ll be asked to provide in your report.
The online police report will ask…
- When it happened (date and time)
- Where it happened (location/address)
- Transit facility or closest intersection
- Who is reporting (your identity)
- Name, contact information, State Driver’s License or ID number
- What was lost, stolen or damaged
- Vehicles: Make, Model, Color, License Plate Number, Insurance-company name & policy number, etc.
(Do not use online to report a stolen vehicle. Unless the auto theft is in progress, first contact the local impound lot. If a crime is in progress, call 9-1-1.)
- Property other than vehicles: Serial Number, Product Name, Manufacturer, Description, Condition, etc
- Details of the incident: In your own words describe an accurate, detailed and complete statement of what happened.
Upon completion of this report process:
- You will see the words: “Your online police report has been submitted” showing that your police report is complete.
- Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be contacted by Metro Transit Police personnel.
- If additional information is needed to complete your report, we will notify you via email.
- You will receive a case number. The case number will be used within the police department to track your report.
- You will be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.