Improved Service Where You Live, Work & Play
Northwest Metro Route Changes Start May 30
Metro Transit is updating routes in the northwest metro to meet growing residential and employment needs, changing travel patterns and new demographics.
Click the map to see a larger version
Route changes start May 30 in these communities:
- Brooklyn Center
- Brooklyn Park
- Golden Valley
- New Hope
Highlights of Changes
- New Route 705, a crosstown route traveling primarily on Winnetka Avenue
- Improved service in the Winnetka Avenue corridor, with more non-rush hour and reverse-commute trips
- New service to Wal-Mart Supercenter in Brooklyn Park
- Simplified Saturday routing to help you get to your destinations faster
- New connections between Winnetka Avenue and Ridgedale Mall and between 42nd Avenue and City of Plymouth Dial-A-Ride
- Facility improvements at Starlite Transit Center
Click here to see a route-by-route summary of major changes.
We can help! If you need more details, call a transit expert at 612-373-3333.
Help us spread the word about the changes.
> See background on the Northwest Metro Transit Restructuring Plan.