It’s time to give your commute a lift - share the ride!
Now’s a great time to get started with a carpool. We maintain a list of people across the region who are interested in sharing the ride. Set up a commuter account with us, enter your commute and see possible carpool matches for your trip.
If you explore sharing the ride in October, you could win a Kindle Fire or Netbook. See below for eligibility requirements.
Why share the ride?
• Cut your commuting costs in half or more
• Use freeway express lanes and ramp meter bypasses
• Save on the wear and tear of your car
• Reduce the stress of fighting congestion
If you carpool to work at least three times per week, you’re eligible for our Guaranteed Ride Home program in case you have to work late or get home due to an emergency. You also may be eligible for preferred parking and cheaper car insurance rates!
• New users must create an account here that is public and searchable
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must provide name and valid e-mail address
• Active users are eligible if their profiles are public and if they performed a ridematching search in October
Enter our Facebook contest!
After you set up a commuter account, let us know on our Facebook wall and share it (set your account settings to public) with your friends – you’ll be entered in a weekly drawing for a $25 Target gift card.
Make sure you tag @MetroTransitMN in your post and include a link to this page. Two winners per week. Winners will be chosen at random. Contest ends Oct. 31.